Saturday 19 July 2014

Typical Meal Times

Today is Sunday which means shops aren't open until 12pm. This sucks because it just so happens that we're out of bread and V-Man had a freak out because we didn't have a toasted peanut butter sandwich cut in four triangles ready within five minutes of him waking up.
So I thought he could show me what he'd like to eat instead.
(Baking bread in the bread machine is a no go as he doesn't like it!)

He went to the pantry and pulled out a box of jumbo oats repeatedly.
I know he doesn't like oatmeal (porridge), but thought I'd give it to him anyway.
Guess what? He refused it and started to gag and puke once I got a teaspoonful into his mouth.
He screamed and cried and gagged. Then he went back to that pantry and pulled down the same f-ing box of jumbo oats.
So there's only so much you can do...and we were out of bacon (another favorite)..so I grabbed a rice cake smothered it in peanut butter and gave it to him and he was happy as a pig in sh*t.

This isn't the first time he's done this -cried and screamed for food he won't eat...or I make him bland food like the daycare and he refused to eat that too.
It's annoying and frustrating and pushes my patience over the edge and then some.
I'm not the picture of everlasting patience, I assure you!!
I'm the parent who screeches back in anger and feels like crap because I can't feed my child what he wants because I stupidly forgot a loaf of bread.
Anyways, this is just a typical meal time in the household...and by 12pm, we'll be on our way to get more bread...
BIMU

No comments:

Post a Comment