Sunday 13 July 2014

Weigh It!

So I had this huge idea in my mind yesterday that I would start to juice here and there. Start slow and move up.
Why?
I've been feeling like a gross pig lately. I haven't worn jeans in ages because they don't fit. So I wear my stretchy short pants...the kind meant for working out...or for lounging...or the kind you wear when you plan to eat a lot. (Told you I love food!!)
I started off awesome this morning and had a banana and drank fruit infused water.
(I bought a bottle where I can stuff it with fresh fruits! Yum!)
I strapped M-Girl to my chest, grabbed V-Man and his stroller and decided a walk was in order. I did about forty minutes of walking before his meltdowns and screaming drove me over the edge.
After a visit with a friend, we took the kids to Burger King and I had a Whopper meal and I felt awful after!!
As of late, my stomach's hating grease and I need to cut back.
Not only is it putting a dent into our bank account with eating out so much but also putting a dent in my plans to lose the baby weight too!

I don't have a juicer machine and I don't have the space for one right now. So I did some more reading about upset stomach, lethargic feelings and regular headaches.

Obviously step 1 is to get with the program and cleanse my body of crap.
Something I've heard of but have yet to try is "oil pulling". You rinse your mouth with some nice oil (ie coconut) and swish it about for quite some time and it'll help whiten your teeth and collect the nasty toxins and bacteria that's partying in your mouth.
You're supposed to do this first thing in the morning before eating but I forgot to today, so hopefully the oil pulling Gods forgive me for trying it out tonight instead.
(Isn't 20-30 minutes a bit excessive?! I'll have to look into this some more...)

Anyways, the juicing wasn't so much about weight loss as it was about body cleansing and getting healthier and more energetic.
But by the end of today, I felt like a blob.
Everybody has one of those days, I know. But mine are happening a bit too frequently lately!
And with winter coming up...I'll have to fit into something warmer than stretchy shorts!
So beginning tomorrow, good-bye pop/soda/sugary drinks...good bye greasy stuff...good bye junk.
Ideally, I'd love to lose a good twenty pounds. I haven't weighed myself in awhile...but that'll change soon.
I'm buying a scale from a friend and plan to use it weekly.
I don't want to obsess over weight every single day and I know that owning a scale can easily do that to some people!

I'm also thinking of taking of evening jogs...and I'm not much of a jogger...so I'll have to rely on my dogs to get me out and about.

But one step at a time -so they say!!
BIMU

PS: I'll even put a label, "My Weight Loss Journal" on related posts and whenever I do something mega healthy (or not), you will be able to find it easier on the side bar!! (and so will I!)

No comments:

Post a Comment